Thinking about joining Team Maria this year? Now is the perfect time to join! It’s as easy as 1 – 2 – 3 to join…
1. Register online at here.
Important: When registering you’ll need to select the early registration friends club $1,550 fundraising rate; however, enter the promo code “Team Maria” and your fundraising will be credited and brought down to the special $1,350 Team Maria rate.
2. Receive Your Online Fundraising Page & Rider Coach’s Contact Info: As soon as your registration is complete, your personal page will be set up for you. No additional work needed! Just log-in and get started sending emails, checking your fundraising progress, and even “meeting” other Riders! And, if you need help, your Coach will be there for you. You’ll get great newsletters and support from skilled fundraising and training professionals who’ll help you every step of the way.
3. Read Your Handbook: When you register to participate in the Best Buddies Challenge: Hearst Castle, you will have access to our Participant Handbook online. (In an effort to be more environmentally friendly, Best Buddies will mail a hard copy of the handbook only upon request.) The Handbook is full of tips and guides for fundraising, training, and preparing for the Challenge. Also, when you check-in at the event your official jersey will be waiting for you along with lots of other great items from our sponsors!
Team Maria riders can choose all legs of the race so whichever leg you choose, there will be fellow team members riding as well. In the coming months Team Maria will organize training rides and Team events as well as coordinating logistical details.
Visit our official fundraising page and register today! Input TEAM MARIA in the promo code box for your $200 fundraising discount – that’s right, only $1,350 for TEAM MARIA riders!
As a charity event, the Best Buddies Challenge: Hearst Castle requires a fundraising commitment in order to participate. That commitment is guaranteed by each participant when they register. In return, Best Buddies is proud to apply 100% of your fundraising commitment to Best Buddies programs which improve the lives of people with intellectual disabilities worldwide. When you register as a participant in the Best Buddies Challenge: Hearst Castle, you are committing to raise the fundraising amount you selected. This is a commitment we are very grateful for, but also one we take very seriously. That being said, here is some important information about your financial obligation and important deadlines to adhere to.
- After registration, you have a 7-day period from the day you registered to withdraw from the event and you will not be held responsible for your fundraising commitment. If, within those 7 days you decide that you cannot make this commitment for any reason, just alert a Challenge Coach, and you will be released from the event. If we do not hear from you within that week, you will be responsible for your fundraising commitment made at the time of registration. Please note: Registration fees are non-refundable.
- If you have not met your fundraising commitment two weeks before the event, Best Buddies International will charge your credit card (required upon registration) the difference of monies raised from your fundraising commitment.
- Please see the attached fundraising information sheet for the benefits associated with each level of fundraising.
Here’s how it works. When you register to join TEAM MARIA you’ll be offered a special fundraising rate of just $1,350. You will be fully supported through easy-to-use online and offline fundraising tools and most importantly, through the assistance of your Best Buddies Challenge: Hearst Castle Ride Coach. With our resources and support, we know you’ll reach, and even exceed, your goal!
How to Set Up Your Donation Website
One of the most important fundraising tools you have at your disposal is your personal web page, also known as, MY HQ. This will serve as your one-stop-shop for all things fundraising-related and is also the place where you can create and edit your personal donation page, print out offline donation forms, send out your “ask” emails and check the status of your fundraising efforts. Setting up your HQ is a breeze and the sooner you do so, the quicker your donations will start rolling in!
To get started click here.
No matter if you’ve not been on a bike for years, haven’t ran since high school gym class, or if you’re an avid cyclist or marathon runner, the Best Buddies Challenge: Hearst Castle is for everyone. With the support of a your assigned Coach, a fantastic training guide and even training meet ups in your area, you’ll be able to complete whatever distance you set out for. Look for future emails with TEAM MARIA training ride information.
Read why Azim Rajan was once again inspired to ride for TEAM MARIA!
Read why Team leader Maria Shriver started TEAM MARIA and why she still works so hard to raise awareness and money for Best Buddies everywhere…
Find out what motivates Katherine Schwarzenegger to work so hard for Best Buddies.
Read why team member Zahra Kassam and 10 other I-CERV volunteers are riding this weekend!
Find out what motivates Nancy O’Dell of Entertainment Tonight to advocate and ride for Best Buddies!
Find out what motivates Leslie Bradley to ride with TEAM MARIA.
Patrick Schwarzenegger shares what motivates him to ride and raise awareness for Best Buddies.
Learn how a Best Buddy inspired Zach Youngberg to join Team Maria!
Lauren Potter – who plays Becky on the hit TV show Glee – joins Team Maria! She shares how Best Buddies played an important role in her life…
Get to know some of the wonderful people that help make our organization so great.